Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Mikeal Rogers <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/27 23:03:56 UTC

Mac install instructions : brew > ports

I just setup a new laptop and used homebrew to install the CouchDB deps
(spidermonkey & erlang).

Not only was it super fast and painless but I got a newer spidermonkey
(1.8.3) which is something like 30x faster for most of the stuff we do with
the view server but I also didn't have to pass any special parameters to
./configure.

Anyone object to me remove all references to MacPorts in our Mac install
instructions and replacing with homebrew?

-Mikeal

Re: Mac install instructions : brew > ports

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Mikeal Rogers <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just setup a new laptop and used homebrew to install the CouchDB deps
> (spidermonkey & erlang).
>
> Not only was it super fast and painless but I got a newer spidermonkey
> (1.8.3) which is something like 30x faster for most of the stuff we do with
> the view server but I also didn't have to pass any special parameters to
> ./configure.
>
> Anyone object to me remove all references to MacPorts in our Mac install
> instructions and replacing with homebrew?
>
> -Mikeal

No objections here. Though, I might suggest that we also copy out the
formulas so in case people want to install deps by hand.

Paul

Re: Mac install instructions : brew > ports

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
We need to get CouchDB into the iStore when it's rolled out in OS X Lion!

Feel free to donate the proceeds raised to my personal account. ;)

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen Prater <st...@agrussell.com>.

Posted by Mikeal Rogers <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Prater <st...@agrussell.com>.