Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anil <vv...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/25 22:37:16 UTC

[Axis2] AXIOM or JBIX

Hi,

I'm new to Axis2, what is the criteria to choose
between POJO, AXIOM, JIBX, ADB or XMLBeans. How do we
decide architecture wise.

My second question is, is wsdl file mandatory to
create stub and skeleton interfaces or can we use just
skeleton file to create wsdl file.

Thanks.

Re: [Axis2] AXIOM or JBIX

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Anil-

I found this whitepaper quite informative
SAX2 processes fastest..with DOM bein
http://www.mail-archive.com/jibx-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01044.html

FWIW,
M--
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire.

Re: [Axis2] AXIOM or JBIX

Posted by Anil VVNN <vv...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Niles,

Thanks for answering my questions. As I said I'm a beginner, I have few more
questions related to previous one.

(1) When exactly do we use Binding frameworks (JIBX, ADB or XMLBeans) ?
For instance, the examples given in Axis2 website (i.e. StockQuoteService)
referring to simple method call, client calling WS for "getPrice/update"
operations but there's no XSD involved, I think this kind of operations can
be easily accomplished using POJO option. But I'm confused when to use POJO
or anyother Binding framework(JIBX).

(2) What is the difference between "XML Processing Model" and "SOAP
Processing Model", when do we use these models independently.

To my understanding, this is the typical flow of Axis2 services,

Client ----calls---> Stub (generated by wsdl2java) ----calls[SOAP
request]---> Skeleton Interface (generated by wsdl2java) -->Business Logic

And this SOAP request can be handled using any transport (eg. TCP, JMS etc.)

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

- Anil

Re: [Axis2] AXIOM or JBIX

Posted by Nilesh Ghorpade <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Anil,

 The JiBX XML file which I had mentioned contains the  mapping between XML and the Java classes. You can generate this file  using the jibx commands. Please refer the JiBX documentation for more  details.

 Secondly your question related to sending a SOAP  request. We always send a SOAP request to a Web Service. I mean even if  we have a Java client written what we do is create a SOAP request and  then send the same over HTTP or any other transport protocol to the Web  Service endpoint. So the Client request would always be in SOAP whether  you have a java/.NET/C/C++ client accessing the web service.

  Regards

  Nilesh

Anil VVNN <vv...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Nilesh,

Thanks for detailed response.

So, the AddressBookService example (at
http://people.apache.org/~thilina/axis2/docs/jibx/jibx-unwrapped-example.html)
which uses POJO as a data transfer object, can be implemented using any Data
binding framework (JIBX or ADB) to create Java classes.

What is JiBX binding definition, is this property only applicable to JiBX
framework
-EbindingFile /resources/jibxbindingFile.xml

And also, can we send the client request using SOAP (instead of writing Java
Client) and get the response back in SOAP? In which case,  this type of
scenario comes in.

Thanks,
Anil

---------------------------------

Re: [Axis2] AXIOM or JBIX

Posted by Nilesh Ghorpade <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Anil,

Nilesh Ghorpade wrote:

> Hi Anil,
>
> The Data binding frameworks come into picture when you are generating the
> Java code artifacts from WSDL. If you observe the "wsdl2java" command
> there is a command line argument namely "-d" with which you can specify
> the Data binding framework which you want to use. In case u want to use
> JiBX you would be specifying something like
>
> $> wsdl2java -o /outputDir -d jibx -EbindingFile
> /resources/jibxbindingFile.xml -uri MyWebService.wsdl
>
> The above command is just for making things more simpler. Also if there
> are no schema references in the WSDL or if the WSDL is not having any
> schema types then the Data binding framework would not be coming into
> picture. (Others Please correct me if I am wrong.)
>
> You would just be deciding which Data binding framework you should be
> using. AXIS 2 would internally be using the same and generating the Java
> classes for you. Do not get confused by the approach which you are
> choosing to build the web service and the data binding framework. The data
> binding framework is just to map the schema which is defined in the WSDL
> to Java classes. Thats the only purpose of the data binding framework.
>
> Using POJO's for web services means you would be writing a POJO class
> which would be capturing all the information you need for invoking the
> particular web service operation. For example if you see the
> AddressBookService in the AXIS 2 samples you can see that the addEntry
> method takes in a POJO as its input parameter namely Entry.
>

> Regarding your second question I am not able to understand it correctly.
>
> Also the flow which you have mentioned from the Client to the Service is
> correct and it would remain the same for any Web service for that matter
> i.e. not only AXIS 2 but any web service which is developed using any
> other framework.
>
> Hope that answers your queries.
>

> Regards
>
> Nilesh