Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Deeksha Sharma <DS...@Flexera.com> on 2017/09/06 20:01:20 UTC

Bulk query Apache Solr

Hi,

I indexed documents in Solr using dataImportHandler.

Now when I want to query using the below URL, it gives me the results i want.

http://localhost:8983/solr/mycore/select?indent=on&q=id:7fd326e23ffa8d1cb9c0a7b4fc5c4269&wt=json

Can Solr handle bulk queries if I send over more than 10,000 ids in the query and get their result instead of sending 1 id each time to solr-server ?

I am using Solr-5.2.1

Any pointers would help.

Thanks!

Re: Bulk query Apache Solr

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Yes, but that'll be expensive. Use the TermsQueryParser, that's what
it's built for here:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/other-parsers.html

Note the plural, TermQueryParser only takes a single value,
TermsQueryParser can take a list.

Best,
Erick