Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org> on 2000/01/24 15:55:59 UTC

1.3.11 binary distribution contrib

Hello,

I have a question regarding contributing binary dists of apache
releases. I made a binary package of 1.3.11 per the instructions at
http://dev.apache.org/binaries.html, but I'm at a loss as to how to upload
it or who to give the files to. I don't have a developer account, so I
cant scp the files as the above page says to. Are binary distributions
accepted from developers only? My package is for the Solaris 2.7 11/99
sun4u platform, and I can also provide a sol7/x86 distro as well.

Thanks for any info...

/dale

Re: 1.3.11 binary distribution contrib

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.
On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 06:55:59AM -0800, Dale Ghent wrote:
> Are binary distributions accepted from developers only?

I believe the current policy is to only accept binary distributions
from developers (and maybe committers). We have no way to verify that
a tarball coming from the general public is not a trojan horse.