Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Chester Chen <ch...@alpinenow.com> on 2015/04/15 07:05:09 UTC

Question regarding some of the changes in [SPARK-3477]

While working on upgrading to Spark 1.3.x, notice that the Client and
ClientArgument classes in yarn module are now defined as private[spark]. I
know that these code are mostly used by spark-submit code; but we call Yarn
client directly ( without going through spark-submit) in our spark
integration. This change essentially makes us either 1) to fork out the
code and un-change the  private prefix and build the yarn component ourself
or 2) to move the our code to org.apache.spark packages. Currently we are
using the #1) approach.

So I am curious to know if there is compelling reason to make these Yarn
Client related class private ? Any possibilities make these Client classes
non-private ?

thanks
Chester