Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> on 2005/11/15 16:04:22 UTC

[m2] Wrapping an existing Mojo with a proxy Mojo

Just wondering if anyone has done this successfully and can recommend
some best practices.  In an effort to make our build process around M2
as automatic as possible with regards to our internal standards, I'd
like to create some custom plugins that effectively wrap existing
plugins for either or both of these purposes:

*	To provide configuration properties in a standard way (e.g.
using our tag naming standard when doing releases)
*	To perform some action before or after calling into the wrapped
Mojo

I would expect this sort of thing has come up before for others.  How
did you accomplish it?  Is there a recommendation for doing this?

..David..

Re: [m2] Wrapping an existing Mojo with a proxy Mojo

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
We're planning a way to template configuration in Maven 2.1 which
sounds like a better solution to this. You can have a common parent
POM that specifies these values to some extent at the moment.

I'd be concerned about modifying the existing plugins to change the
defaults or behaviour, however as someone unfamiliar with the changes
looking at the build will then get a surprise.

- Brett