Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/17 23:46:40 UTC

Oozie reports "unkown hadoop job" failure ~ but no error indication in YARN.

Hi oozie!

I've run into quite cryptic error when submitting a very simple java action
(DemoJavaMain, just prints args out).

*** Oozie is failing out with JA017: ***

"Oozie cant find the hadoop job associated with it. "

*** I dont see any indication of why the Job id isnt recoverable by oozie
****

It seems to be available in YARN.... Here are some more details:

- I've tried increasing user-retry to 3, that did not work.
- YARN doesnt seem to report any failures: Yarn somehow "thinks" the job
succeeded.
- I dont see any system outs from the job (which is all the DemoJavaMain
does).

*** Ive seen this unresolved in a few places online... any thoughts on how
to fix it? ***

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/oozie-unknown-hadoop-job/

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/oozie-user/201211.mbox/%3C19AD42E3F64F0F468A305399D0DF39D9335DAC6F34@winops07.win.compete.com%3E

*** my specifc  exception is below ****

org.apache.oozie.action.ActionExecutorException: JA017: Unknown hadoop job
[job_1392665114408_0007] associated with action
[0000037-140217072450087-oozie-oozi-W@java-node].  Failing this action!
    at
org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaActionExecutor.check(JavaActionExecutor.java:1009)
    at
org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionCheckXCommand.execute(ActionCheckXCommand.java:177)
    at
org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionCheckXCommand.execute(ActionCheckXCommand.java:56)
    at org.apache.oozie.command.XCommand.call(XCommand.java:280)
    at
org.apache.oozie.service.CallableQueueService$CallableWrapper.run(CallableQueueService.java:175)
    at
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: Oozie reports "unkown hadoop job" failure ~ but no error indication in YARN.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
thanks mona.  YES We are still facing the issue.  If we submit via
mapreduce the job definetly passes, because i can see the SUCCESS and
part-r-00000 files, but i still see failures.

thanks again for your response.  I beleive someone else is seeing this on
Azure?  We also see it in a non-HDFS file system setup.

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Wang <gw...@gopivotal.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
To clarify, the exact exception message is:

Unknown hadoop job [job_1392665114408_0007] associated with action
[0000037-140217072450087-
oozie-oozi-W@java-node].

Any help would be appreciated.