Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Steven Pollock <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/27 00:53:46 UTC

VNC & Networking

I have tried this with both the noauth and mysql configs, as I thought it
might be a noauth issue initially.  The network is not blocking, lets not
go there.

Single interface guac sitting on 10.80.100.x/24
   VNC to 10.80.100.10 -- works
   RDP to 10.80.100.11 -- works
   RDP to AWS (amazon) -- works

Move the guac to another network and change the IP address to 10.80.160.x/24
   VNC to 10.80.100.10 -- fail
   RDP to 10.80.100.11 -- works
   RDP to AWS (amazon) -- works

Use a standard off the shelf VNC client in 10.80.160.x
   VNC to 10.80.100.10 -- works

Simply changing the subnet causes guac VNC to fail in either noauth or
mysql configs.

Any ideas? Maybe a way to troubleshoot?

many thanks,

-Steve

(415) 320-1102 <https://www.google.com/voice/#phones>

Re: VNC & Networking

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Steven Pollock <ja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Mike, but makes no sense to me that it is a network issue.

That's really the only possibility. Unless the hostname or IP address of
the destination machine has been mistyped, there is no other possible
explanation.

Have you checked the logs from guacd?

I can connect from an other VNC client, just not Guac.

From another VNC client on the same machine that's running guacd?

I can connect via RDP from guac.

Via RDP to the same machine that you are unable to connect to via VNC?

- Mike

Re: VNC & Networking

Posted by Steven Pollock <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mike, but makes no sense to me that it is a network issue.

I can connect from an other VNC client, just not Guac.

I can connect via RDP from guac.

Regards,

-Steve

(415) 320-1102 <https://www.google.com/voice/#phones>