Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by tysli2016 <To...@cityline.com.hk> on 2017/05/08 10:19:10 UTC

How to monitor and alert for server counts

we have a couple of Ignite servers serve as key-value store and want to get
email notification when any server went down.

anyone are having the same need? what is your solution?

Re: How to monitor and alert for server counts

Posted by tysli2016 <To...@cityline.com.hk>.
thanks Andrew, can you share more about how to use Nagios\Icinga or Zabbix to
monitor? for what kind of metrics and how to connect/setup?

Re: How to monitor and alert for server counts

Posted by ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>.
we did not made any tweak to memory configuration and our configuration is
a bare bone configuration.

Please note that our need with ignite is not big data.

Rishi Yagnik

Re: How to monitor and alert for server counts

Posted by tysli2016 <To...@cityline.com.hk>.

Posted by ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>.

ml+s70518n12557h21@n6.nabble.com> wrote:

> thanks Rishi, can you share more about that?
> what's the version of Ignite? how many Ignite servers? how many
> CPU/memory?
> are you using the Visor in batch mode (https://apacheignite-tools.
> readme.io/v1.9/docs/batch-mode)?
> or Visor alert?
>
> I have tried Visor batch mode, but it lead to OOME eventually (
> http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/OOME-on-2-
> node-cluster-with-visor-running-repeatedly-Ignite-1-9-td12409.html).

> .
> NAML

Rishi Yagnik

Re: How to monitor and alert for server counts

Posted by ignite_user2016 <ri...@gmail.com>.
I would try to help here -

we monitor our prod environment with ignite visor command so worth looking
into it.

Let me know if you need more details, I can surely help here.

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 6:26 AM, Denis Magda [via Apache Ignite Users] <
ml+s70518n12540h94@n6.nabble.com> wrote:

> Vidos UI telemetry capabilities can be considered: http://docs.
> gridgain.com/docs/visor-gui
>
> Denis
>
> On Monday, May 8, 2017, Andrey Mashenkov <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=12540&i=0>> wrote:
>
>> Looks like you need a 3rd party monitoring software.
>> E.g. Nagios\Icinga or Zabbix.
>>
>> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:19 PM, tysli2016 <<a
>> href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;Tom.YS.Li@cityline.com.hk&#39;);"
>> target="_blank">Tom.YS.Li@...> wrote:
>>
>>> we have a couple of Ignite servers serve as key-value store and want to
>>> get
>>> email notification when any server went down.
>>>
>>> anyone are having the same need? what is your solution?
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Andrey V. Mashenkov

> .
> NAML

Rishi Yagnik

Re: How to monitor and alert for server counts

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Visor GUI works only with GridGain. You need to download a version from GridGain to give it a try.

—
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.