Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/11 23:49:21 UTC

Re: JMeter LDAP extended request : issue with big response

I've applied the patches from Bug 40103 and created another nightly build.

Response parsing is now optional.
[But it looks like the parsing time was not included in the sample
response time].

Also the code no longer appends so many strings in order to create the
response, so it should perform a bit better.

It seems to work, as far as I can tell, but I don't have much
experience in using LDAP, so it would be good it someone else could
try it out.

The XML response data should now be well-formed (even when Exceptions
occur), but whether it is correctly formatted I don't know:

For example, should the search results be nested in the <operation> tag?

Also, the <searchbase> tag includes the rootDN which does not seem
right, and the <dn> tag includes the name, the searchbase and the
rootDN. Seems a bit wasteful to repeat this information, but maybe
that is standard?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I've now applied the patch from Bug 40369 - stable search results.

I took the opportunity of simplifying the search results; instead of

<attributename>cn</attributename>
<attributevalue>A.N.Other</attributevalue>

it now shows results as

<attributes>
<cn>A.N.Other</cn>
</attributes>

which is shorter and hopefully simpler to use.

Any problems, please let me know.

S.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Any feedback on the nightly build? Has it helped, or are there still problems?