Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2008/08/26 22:38:21 UTC

[MINA] [XBean] Adding new MINA XBean integration module

Hi team,

I just wanted to give y'all a heads up about a new XBean integration module
I just added to the trunk here:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/trunk/integration-xbean

This module will simply generate an XML schema file from the sources which
can be used in Spring configuration files for a MINA namespace.  With XBean
this allows for very terse configuration files and removes some of the
issues with certain kinds of dependency injection when dealing with raw
Spring.  Javadoc tags like @org.apache.xbean.XBean in source files give
XBean the cues it needs along with others to properly generate these XML
schema files.  So there's no additional dependency requirement on the core
and other MINA modules which is nice.

Things Left to Do

(1) I will annotate (not with Annotations but javadoc tags) some classes so
they can be used for building terse configuration files using XBean.
(2) I will add some tests into the module which will test and serve as
material for examaples on documentation
(3) I will add some guide on how to use this stuff

Thanks,
Alex