Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by xin zhang <xi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/08 01:04:37 UTC

convert in path from ImageMagick++ (for profile thumbnails)

Hi

There is a instruction about how to set up shindig with partuza, convert in path from ImageMagick++ (for profile thumbnails), can anyone tell me how to do that?

Thanks

Re: convert in path from ImageMagick++ (for profile thumbnails)

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
On a *nix system that is often quite easy, it either involves apt-get
install / yum install ImageMagic, or downloading the image magick+
+ .tar.gz, ./configure --prefix=/usr/local && make && make install.

On windows systems however that would be a bit troublesome probably. I
often prefer convert from image magic since the output quality is
better and it supports a lot more file formats and things like color
profiles... however since we now also have a fair number of windows
people, i might re-consider and do the image thumbnailing in GD.

Ps since this is Partuza related and not shindig, i'd like to point
you to a new group i setup: http://groups.google.com/group/partuza, it
helps keep the chatter here more relevant to shindig. The intention is
still to make partuza a sub project of shindig once we graduate from
the incubator, but for now their separate.

	-- Chris