Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Pramod Biligiri <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/18 22:22:57 UTC

Looking for a resource about measuring MapReduce performance

Hi,
I'm planning to profile a part of Hadoop's MapReduce for a grad school
project, esp. the network related aspects. I have found a few papers
regarding the same, but I was wondering if the project itself has a page or
some jiras regarding prominent performance issues that can be investigated.
Any links or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies if this was not the right list for this question.

Thanks,
Pramod

Re: Looking for a resource about measuring MapReduce performance

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pramod,

Now PUMA benchmarks are available at the following site:
https://sites.google.com/site/farazahmad/pumabenchmarks

Thanks, Tsuyoshi

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: Looking for a resource about measuring MapReduce performance

Posted by Pramod Biligiri <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tian,

Posted by Tian Pan <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pramod,

Maybe PUMA: Purdue MapReduce Benchmark Suits docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1438&context=ecetr work for you.

Best,

Tian
—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone