Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mário Lopes <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/24 12:34:55 UTC

Avoid template parsing

Is there any tag to avoid a certain block of code from being parsed on a .html?

I have some javascript on that file and it complains about things it shouldn't.

Regards.

-- Mário

Re: Avoid template parsing

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
What about commenting out the javascript (<!-- js -->), or embedding it
in a CDATA block (<![CDATA[ js ]]>)?

BR,
Norbi

Re: Avoid template parsing

Posted by Jason Dyer <jd...@bluetarp.com>.
On Wednesday 24 May 2006 06:42, James Carman wrote:
> Can you give an example of the "things it shouldn't"?

Here's one:

<script type="text/javascript">
  var unappliedAmount = 0;
  updateTotal((+document.getElementById("startingUnapplied").innerHTML));
//  alert("startingUnapplied = "+unappliedAmount);

  function updateTotal(val) {
    alert("updateTotal: " + val);
    unappliedAmount = (+val);
    var o = document.getElementById('toApplyAmount');
    o.innerHTML = val;
    if (unappliedAmount < 0) {
      o.style.color = '#CC0000';
    } else {
      o.style.color = '#000000';
    }
  }
  function setAmount(o, val) {
    var iobj = o.parentNode.nextSibling.nextSibling.firstChild;
    iobj.value = Math.min(val, unappliedAmount);
    var echange = document.createEvent("HTMLEvents");
    echange.initEvent('change', true, false);
    iobj.dispatchEvent(echange);
  }
</script>

If the '<' in 'if (unappliedAmount < 0) {' is removed/replaced, no problem,
but as is, tapestry throws a parsing error because it apparently thinks that
the '<' is the start of a tag...

My solution, btw, was to move the script to an external .js file.

-J

--
Any given program costs more and takes longer.
	-- Murphy's Laws of Computer Programming n°8

RE: Avoid template parsing

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.