Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by tibor17 <ti...@lycos.com> on 2014/11/02 21:11:05 UTC

TomEE plans for Java EE 7

See this discussion in the mailing list of OpenJPA:

http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/OpenJPA-support-for-JPA-2-1-when-td7584157.html

It looks like the JPA provider wouldn't be ready for Tomee@JavaEE 7.0.

I guess the Hibernate LGPL will be the candidate (not bundled in the tomee
zip).
This decision would speedup the release.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks! I'll have a look.
Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@tomitribe.com>.
On CDI entry points are:

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Great!

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Will not be enough cause of descriptor part but this one is easier to dev
now

Le jeudi 6 novembre 2014, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> Hey all,
>
> First, cudos to Roberto for taking on the TomEE support!
>
> It came to my mind after speaking w/ David @ JavaOne about EE7 status.
>
> So quick question.  If we put in hibernate in the TomEE profile, that
> should deploy fine right?  I'm not saying for you guys to put it in, but
> for the sake of the EE sample tests that might help with the JPA 2.1
tests.

> John
>
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Roberto Cortez
<radcortez@yahoo.com.invalid
>> wrote:
>
>> Great! Thanks, I'll add it in the next run :)
>>      From: Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Will not be enough cause of descriptor part but this one is easier to dev
now

Le jeudi 6 novembre 2014, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> Hey all,
>
> First, cudos to Roberto for taking on the TomEE support!
>
> It came to my mind after speaking w/ David @ JavaOne about EE7 status.
>
> So quick question.  If we put in hibernate in the TomEE profile, that
> should deploy fine right?  I'm not saying for you guys to put it in, but
> for the sake of the EE sample tests that might help with the JPA 2.1
tests.

> John
>
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Roberto Cortez
<radcortez@yahoo.com.invalid
>> wrote:
>
>> Great! Thanks, I'll add it in the next run :)
>>       From: Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hey all,

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
great, thks

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Ok, Jenkins archiving was killing the machine disk space. I had to delete and create a new job. It's running now and should be accessible on the same url: https://javaee-support.ci.cloudbees.com/job/javaee7-samples-tomee-2.0/

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hello Roberto,

is it broken again? I get 404

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi David,

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Romain,
Yes, Travis was also setup as a backup plan. Let's see what's going to happen with Cloudbees.
Cheers,Roberto

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
travis I guess?

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Romain. :)

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com>.
I try. But, it doesn't like me. :(

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com>.
Roberto,

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Wow! That was fast! Thank you :)
Building now...

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
should be ok now

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roberto.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
about @Transactional can be linked to the test:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tomee.git;a=blob;f=container/openejb-core/src/test/java/org/apache/openejb/cdi/transactional/TransactionScopeTest.java;h=d7f27c072ca1e4e99e418794b238dc7f3e0a871e;hb=ae8f512c5655dfd9024353c5a46340c6de07edf3

ensure the id is static and it should work, otherwise you surely just
read OWB proxy field (instance itself is destroyed).

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com>.
it can help a bit

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hehe love this error:

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
It does yes

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by tibor17 <ti...@lycos.com>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

While nit running the 2.0 I dont expect them to work.

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7

Posted by "Leonardo K. Shikida" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi David

Thanks for the useful info about IBM decision on switching form OpenJPA to
Eclipselink from JPA 2.1. I think that's exactly the point.

I myself also prefer OpenJPA, but I can understand why IBM wants to stick
with eclipselink from now on.

[]

Leo

Re: TomEE plans for Java EE 7