Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by ravi teja <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/09 10:30:35 UTC

Not able to create domains in timeline server from Tez

Hi,

I am getting a  *Authentication failed, status: 403, message: Forbidden *
message when trying to create domains on timeline server while running a
tez job from hive server2.
I have tried checking online sources and documentation but couldn't find
any info there.
Because of this, I am not able to see any historuy of tez jobs on tezui as
the history publish is being disabled because of this issue.

Haven't set any acls at timeline server and the tez jobs run from hive cli
are publishing the history.
It would be great if I can get come help on this issue.

More details:
*Version:*
Hive: 2.1.0
Timeline: 2.7.1
Tez:0.8.4

*Logs:*
2017-03-09T12:54:28,334 WARN  [Thread-228142]:
acls.ATSHistoryACLPolicyManager (:()) - Could not post timeline domain
com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException: java.io.IOException:
org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.client.AuthenticationException:
Authentication failed, status: 403, message: Forbidden
at
com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler.handle(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:149)
2017-03-09T12:54:28,334 WARN  [Thread-228142]: client.TezClientUtils (:())
- Disabling history logging for session application_1488479644033_136271
due to error in setting up history acls
org.apache.tez.common.security.HistoryACLPolicyException: Fail to create
ACL-related domain in Timeline

Thanks.
Ravi