Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Robert Einsle <ro...@einsle.de> on 2005/06/07 12:44:09 UTC

Defining Headlins

Hello List,

is it possible to define Headlines (in German Kopfzeile) in POI?

We want to export an Headline with documenttitle, pagenumber for an
Excel-Document.

Thanks a lot

Re: Defining Headlins

Posted by Thomas Herre <th...@abosco.com>.
Robert,

Use HSSFSheet.getHeader() to get a reference to the header of your Excel
sheet.
Next, have a look at the Javadoc of class HSSFHeader. It contains
methods for
setting the content of the header (setLeft/setCenter/setRight) as well as
multiple convenience methods for getting relevant information such as
date, file name
and number of pages.

The same applies to the footer (see HSSFSheet.getFooter() and class
HSSFFooter).

Cheers, Thomas