Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Jirole, Amar" <am...@gs.com> on 2004/08/03 17:07:14 UTC

RE: How to allow users enters html links in text input area and h ow t o display it

We are displaying the text in text area as well. The reason we are doing
this is we want to preserve para and other formatting info which gets lost
Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
Well, text in a text area is not HTML markup -- it's just text -- to
render the links you will have to output the data using bean:write
filter="false"  -- since you need to preserve line breaks take a look at
this thread
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=106685398105831&w=2

Good Luck!
Bill