Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Krzysztof Krzos <Kr...@softax.com.pl> on 2003/01/14 17:39:31 UTC

When any logged user has his own logger file

I use log4j for writing log for own files of any user which is logging to my
application.
For each user i create category and to this category append file. I use
log4j 1.1.3.
After users i logout or session is invalidated i can call only shutdown()
for his category, but the problem is that category never disappear.
After some days I have many categories that I can't throw out them!
For example I have categories created after some minutes of work:

beans.PaymentMgrBean
beans.ReportDatabaseBean
users.UsrLogger-admin-1042559345395
users.UsrLogger-fff-1042560011683
users.UsrLogger-admin-1042559653438
beans.ReportDatabaseSfBean
users.UsrLogger-kkk-1042559259702
users.UsrLogger-ddd-1042559224241
users.UsrLogger-guest-1042559646678
users.UsrLogger-admin-1042559987639
users
users.UsrLogger-admin-1042559193176

after week I have hundreds categories!

almost all Categories started from users.UsrLogger-* I want to throw out.
There is any possibility?
There is no function to kill categories. In new version - 1.2.7 also I can't
throw out created by myself loggers (previously categories). I think.
regards
chris