Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Davis, Jeremy" <Je...@stercomm.com> on 2003/03/21 21:53:40 UTC

RE: tomcat responds with localhost, but refuses the connection w/ mach inename

Thanks, I have found that it was not tomcat at all, the issue is a
networking mismatch between the dns name, and the real ip address are
completely different.  Using the machinename was having dns point me to a
box that was not mine, so of course the connection was refused.  Thanks for
the help though.

Jeremy Davis
Senior Support Analyst
BPI Marketplace Integration
614.760.8941
1.800.436.8726 - Support Line

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Cool.  Tomcat still has its own resolution rules, though.

John