Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Reilly <pe...@apache.org> on 2004/12/06 20:18:02 UTC

[Fwd: globmapper directory character interpreting]

Opps, wrong original address

Re: [Fwd: globmapper directory character interpreting]

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
[SNIP]
> it to do the
> >>>

> >>I'd prefer an explicit attribute and use the same
> attribute for the
> >>regexp mapper as well.
> >>
> > I am neutral on this, will wait for consenus...
>
> OK, but it's rather silent.

+1 to an explicit attribute.

[SNIP]

-Matt

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 08 Dec 2004, Peter Reilly <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 06 Dec 2004, Peter Reilly <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

>>>One can of course use ${file.separator}, but this does make the
>>>scripts look ugly and one is not inclined to do this.
>>
>>But likely is the only clean solution.
>>
> And does not work for the regex case :-(

Why not?

>>>One could add an attribute to globmapper to tell it to do the
>>>interpertation ("handledirchars" ?),
>>>

>>I'd prefer an explicit attribute and use the same attribute for the
>>regexp mapper as well.
>>
> I am neutral on this, will wait for consenus...

OK, but it's rather silent.

> also is the attribute (handledirchars) name ok??

You really shouldn't ask *me* for names.  Ever wondered why
FileUtils.createTempFile didn't create a file or the class behind
<antcall> is called CallTarget?  Yes, that's been me 8-)

Stefan

Re: [Fwd: globmapper directory character interpreting]

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Dec 2004, Peter Reilly <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>This is not the case for the "glob" mapper and this has caused some
>>pain and some scripts to fail when moved from unix to windows and
>>visa-versa.
>>

>The same is true for the regexp mapper.  Only things are a bit more
>complicated here, since \ also is a special character for the regexp
>engine.

Is true.

>>One can of course use ${file.separator}, but this does make the
>>scripts look ugly and one is not inclined to do this.
>>

>But likely is the only clean solution.

And does not work for the regex case :-(

>>One could add an attribute to globmapper to tell it to do the
>>interpertation ("handledirchars" ?), but it may be nicer just to
>>always interpret the / and \ in the same as the "includes", and
>>"include" attributes and elements in fileset et. al.
>>

>I'd prefer an explicit attribute and use the same attribute for the
>regexp mapper as well.

I am neutral on this, will wait for consenus...
also is the attribute (handledirchars) name ok??

Peter

Re: [Fwd: globmapper directory character interpreting]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.