Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh <jo...@isa.net.au> on 2002/08/16 08:47:44 UTC

Can't find the filter class :(

I've got this in my web.xml file:

 <filter>
  <filter-name>protectedFilter</filter-name>
  <filter-class>au.com.multemedia.wf.misc.ProtectedFilter</filter-class>
 </filter>

 <filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>protectedFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/protected/*</url-pattern>
 </filter-mapping>

I get a classnotfoundexecption in the logs, althought the class file is
there... Is there something wrong with my syntax?

-Josh

"Rimmer, real dumplings, proper dumplings when they're properly
  cooked to perfection, proper dumplings, should not bounce."

Re: Can't find the filter class :(

Posted by Josh <jo...@isa.net.au>.
Never mind, i just reefed it out of a package and it works.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Can't find the filter class :(

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Josh wrote:

> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:47:44 +1000
> From: Josh <jo...@isa.net.au>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Can't find the filter class :(
>
> I've got this in my web.xml file:
>
>  <filter>
>   <filter-name>protectedFilter</filter-name>
>   <filter-class>au.com.multemedia.wf.misc.ProtectedFilter</filter-class>
>  </filter>
>
>  <filter-mapping>
>   <filter-name>protectedFilter</filter-name>
>   <url-pattern>/protected/*</url-pattern>
>  </filter-mapping>
>
> I get a classnotfoundexecption in the logs, althought the class file is
> there... Is there something wrong with my syntax?

"The classfile is there" -- meaning where?  If it is not in
"/WEB-INF/classes/au/com/multemedia/wf/misc/ProtectedFilter.class" or in a
JAR file (in WEB-INF/lib) under entry
"au/com/multemedia/wf/misc/ProtectedFilter.class", then it really isn't
"there" as far as Tomcat is concerned.

Of course, you need to ensure that any other class referenced by this
Filter class is "there" as well.

> -Josh

Craig