Posted to user@commons.apache.org by SU Xing A <Xi...@alcatel-lucent.com> on 2010/09/09 03:14:18 UTC

[Net] Question about plan for the incoming release common-net 2.1

Hi,

     We are very interesting with the incoming release common-net 2.1,
especially for its IPv6 support feature.
     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NET-288

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/net/tags/NET_2_1_r924745/

     We plan to use it in our project, and would like to clarify the
following:
     1. Is version NET_2_1_r924745 the final 2.1 release version?
     2. What is the plan for the offical release for common-net 2.1?

    Thanks a lot in advanced.

Best  Regards,
Xing

Re: [Net] Question about plan for the incoming release common-net 2.1

Posted by sebb AT ASF <se...@apache.org>.
On 9 September 2010 02:14, SU Xing A <Xi...@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      We are very interesting with the incoming release common-net 2.1,
> especially for its IPv6 support feature.
>      https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NET-288
>
>      http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/net/tags/NET_2_1_r924745/
>
>      We plan to use it in our project, and would like to clarify the
> following:
>      1. Is version NET_2_1_r924745 the final 2.1 release version?

No.

2.1 was never officially released.
Unfortunately some archives marked as 2.1 were available from Maven
Central for a short while.
These have been removed.

>      2. What is the plan for the offical release for common-net 2.1?

There will never be a 2.1 release, as it would be confusing

However, there should be a 2.x (probably 2.2) release at some point,
hopefully this year.