Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2002/10/25 06:52:04 UTC

Re: Statically conversion from rvt to html

Maurice Diamantini <di...@ensta.fr> writes:

> I not sure it'the right place to ask for, but I'like to experiment
> (some basic feature of) rivet without any apache server.

Actually, it's certainly the right place to ask!  Although, to tell
the truth, rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org doesn't have much traffic either,
and there are more people on it.  So I'll CC it.

> I'd like an executable like rvt2html which could help me writing
> html code more efficiently.

> I know about expand in tcllib, but if I could do the same with
> rivet, I could then ask to our administror to add the rivet apache
> module for testing.

So - you would like to see some Tcl code that does what the Rivet
apache module does?  Or a stand-alone executable?  Both of them are
goals of the Rivet project, although I don't have the resources to
create either one in the near future.  Writing the Tcl to parse up
.rvt files would be easy - the more problematic bit is providing
commands to replace commands such as [upload] and [var].

Does that help?

> I haven't seen any FAQ and I did'nt subscibe to any rivest mailing
> list,

The docs are at:

http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/docs/

Let me know if there is anything missing there that you would like to
see.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/