Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> on 2014/03/22 22:58:25 UTC

Workflow processing

Alright chaps

Quick question which I'm sure is pretty stupid but I thought I should ask.

Workflow processing. I assume(from the examples in the code) you write a
class that extends WorkflowTaskInstance and in the run section use the
Metadata to get the filepath and process the file that way? The plumb
the Class into a Workflow configuration and add it to the workflow manager?

I know there is a bunch of WF/PGE stuff on the wiki but its all rather
jumbled so I thought i'd go with what the code says.
--
*Tom Barber* | Technical Director

meteorite bi
*T:* +44 20 8133 3730
*W:* www.meteorite.bi | *Skype:* meteorite.consulting
*A:* Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, GU2 7YG, UK

Re: Workflow processing

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Tom, yep that's one way to do it. If you have a standard data-flow
oriented type of Script/Executable you can also use CAS-PGE.

Check out my workflow presentation from ApacheCon NA 2013:

http://www.slideshare.net/chrismattmann/wengines-workflows-and-2-years-of-a
dvanced-data-processing-in-apache-oodt

Cheers,
Chris