Posted to user@curator.apache.org by Gabriel Menegatti <ga...@s1mbi0se.com.br> on 2018/12/13 18:16:22 UTC

Curator connection priority / preference

Hi there,

Please, is there any way to configure Curator to have some "preferred" or
priority ZooKeeper hosts?

We have two datacenters and 3 ZooKeeper nodes on each datacenter, that are
all part of the same ZooKeeper cluster (6 nodes in total).

We would like to have a way to set the Curator client of each datacenter to
preferably connect to the local ZooKeeper servers, not the ZooKeepers from
the other datacenter.

Please, is there a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gabriel.

Re: Curator connection priority / preference

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <mc...@gmail.com>.
I don't believe that this is possible (though I could be wrong). Curator
just defers to the underlying Zookeeper client, which I believe tries to
load share clients across the configured instances.