Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2021/09/16 07:00:50 UTC

TomEE KEYS update

Hi all,

Rod reported that we are missing some keys for signature checking of the
binaries.
David, yours isn't the correct one. So maybe you rotated the key to a new
one.

Can you guys make sure your key is there and up to date?
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: TomEE KEYS update

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On Sep 16, 2021, at 2:00 AM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Rod reported that we are missing some keys for signature checking of the
> binaries.
> David, yours isn't the correct one. So maybe you rotated the key to a new
> one.

Here's the revision where the key was added:

    $ svn diff -c 47730 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomee/KEYS

Here's a script that can verify 9.0.0-M7 in a temp dir starting with an empty gpg keys file:

 - https://gist.github.com/dblevins/949096886b293d4aec9af3312c48b4f9

I don't recall what key server I added it to.  It was whatever the Nexus install at repository.apache.org required before it would let me close the repo.

If Rod has a specific keys server he likes, I'm happy to add my key there as well.

I wrote a command in our release tools repo to make it easier for us to add our keys.

 - https://github.com/apache/tomee-release-tools/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/tools/release/cmd/Dist.java#L230-L248

We can expand that to also add it to a keys server.  That's something you have to do to make Nexus happy anyway, so it'd be a very good addition.

-David