Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/06 03:20:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.1

Hi,

I have posted a candidate for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.1 release at

 http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.1/

See the included RELEASE-NOTES.txt file for details on release
contents and latest changes. The release was made from the 1.1 branch
after merging the license header updates from trunk.

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.1. The
vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from Jackrabbit
committers are binding. The vote  passes if at least three +1 votes
are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.1
[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.1

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.1.

+1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.1

Did a quick smoke test with the jackrabbit-server war on tomcat 5.5.
Worked all well.

regards
  marcel

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 10/8/06, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The vote period is soon over and I've so far only got two binding +1
> votes (me and Stefan). Could some other commmitter still check the
> release candidate and vote so I can proceed tomorrow? The candidate
> passes all enabled unit tests, works fine at least for my use cases,
> and should have all the licensing stuff correctly in place.

The vote period expired already before Marcel gave his +1 (thanks,
Marcel!). To keep that vote and to still let other people voice any
concerns or issues, I'm extending the vote period for another 24
hours. I'll count any votes given before 18:00 UTC tomorrow.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit 1.1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 10/6/06, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.1. The
> vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from Jackrabbit
> committers are binding. The vote  passes if at least three +1 votes
> are cast.

The vote passes with three binding +1 votes and one non-binding +1
vote. The binding votes were:

+1 Jukka Zitting
+1 Stefan Guggisberg
+1 Marcel Reutegger

The non-binding vote was:

+1 Helio (piccinatto@ibest.com.br)

Miro Walker cast a non-binding -1 vote, but appeared to cancel that
saying "I'm persuaded re: releasing 1.1" after a short debate.

I will push the release out and send the release announcement as soon
as the download mirrors have been updated.

Posted by hsp_ <pi...@ibest.com.br>.
Isn't the  [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-313?page=all ]  patch
included in this build released?
I tried to run with my jndi datasource and it was not run. So I must to back
to configure the data sources with jdbc parameters in repository.xml.
I would that this patch be part of this release.

Helio

Posted by hsp_ <pi...@ibest.com.br>.
[x] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.1

Helio.

Posted by Miro Walker <mi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah - it's a fair point. The problem with the deadlock-related stuff
is that it's not such an easy job to contribute in this area. The
locking code is distributed widely throughout the core, and ideally
what's required is a design rethink for the versioning functionality
in jackrabbit. While other bug-fixes are quite reasonable to expect
contributions for, deadlock is almost inevitably going to need to be
sorted out by the longer-standing developers I think.

I'm persuaded re: releasing 1.1, though, I'm just concerned that this
issue is dragging along and I can't see an easy way to get it fixed.
In our case the only workaround has been to single-thread the entire
application and put up with total user lockout during long-running
transactions.

br,

miro

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Miro Walker <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
[x] +1 Release the packages as Apache Jackrabbit 1.1

cheers
stefan