Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/05 21:41:42 UTC

[DISCUSS][REPORT] NiFI: Draft board report for September

Hello

Time again for our next board report.  Please take a moment to read
through and offer any suggestions.  Will send it early next week.

Thanks
Joe

----

Report from the nifi committee [Joe Witt]

 - Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and
 distribute data.

## Activity:
 - We have not yet completed the NiFi 0.3.0 release but tremendous progress has
 been made.  We've really focused over the past couple of weeks on testing and
 as a result have identified and addressed important defects.
 - There have been several healthy feature and roadmap discussions on
the developer
 mailing lists leading to the establishment of several wiki documented
feature proposals
 and progress against them.

## Health report:
 - JIRA, mailing list, and new and existing contributor activity all suggest
 the project is on a good growth path.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## LDAP committee group/Committership changes:

 - Currently 12 committers and 12 LDAP committee group members.
 - Aldrin Piri was added to the LDAP committee group on Fri Jul 17 2015
 - Bryan Bende was added as a committer on Mon Jun 15 2015

## Releases:

 - nifi-0.2.0-incubating was released on Sun Jul 12 2015
 - nifi-0.2.1 was released on Sun Jul 26 2015

## Mailing list activity:

 - users@nifi.apache.org:

 - dev@nifi.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: [DISCUSS][REPORT] NiFI: Draft board report for September

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ooh good point on talks/meetups.  Will add and send again later.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Good catch.  Fixed and added a new one.

Report from the nifi committee [Joe Witt]

 - Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and
 distribute data.

## Activity:
 - We have not yet completed the NiFi 0.3.0 release but tremendous progress has
 been made.  We've really focused over the past couple of weeks on testing and
 as a result have identified and addressed important defects.
 - There have been several healthy feature and roadmap discussions on
the developer
 mailing lists leading to the establishment of several wiki documented
feature proposals
 and progress against them.
 - Several talks have been given recently or are planned in the near
future including:
   - Aug 11, 2015 - Joe Witt, Matt Gilman, Enterprise dataflow with Apache NiFi,
   Global Big Data Conference Boston
   - Aug 13, 2015 - Joe Witt, Enterprise Dataflow with Apache NiFi,
   AOL Codebrew Sterling, VA
   - Aug 26, 2015 - Matt Gilman, Mark Payne, Global Big Data Conference Raleigh
   - Sep 2, 2015 - Matt Gilman, Mark Payne, Global Big Data Conference
Santa Clara
   - Sep 3, 2015 - Ricky Saltzer, Designing Scaleable Data Pipelines
with Apache NiFi,
   Triangle Hadoop Users Group
   - Sep 15, 2015 - Aldrin Piri, Enterprise Dataflow with Apache NiFi,
   Deview 2015 Seoul South Korea
   - Sep 22, 2015 - Mark Payne, Spark Streaming Integration with Apache NiFi,
   Apache Spark Maryland
   - Sep 23, 2015 - Bryan Bende, Building Data Pipelines for Solr with
Apache NiFi,
   DC Area (NOVA) Apache Lucene/Solr Meetup
   - Oct 1, 2015 - Joe Witt, Enterprise Dataflow with Apache NiFi,
   Hadoop User Group Phoenix, AZ.
   - Oct 19, 2015 - Ricky Saltzer, Designing Scaleable Pipelines with
Apache NiFi,
   All things Open Conference Raleigh NC

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Nice list of meetups!

--
Sean

Re: [DISCUSS][REPORT] NiFI: Draft board report for September

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by es...@gmail.com.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.