Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Brian Tarbox <br...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/29 14:32:37 UTC

Exhibitor rewrote my zoo.cfg with bad configuration

I was performing a manual rolling update of my 3 node cluster when suddenly
one of my nodes went into "standalone" mode.  I had never seen this mode
before.

The short answer is that exhibitor was running on a node that I did a
"zkServer.sh restart" on...and it decided to "help" me by rewriting my
zoo.cfg.  The problem is that it rewrote it as a single node cluster.

Is there any way to prevent this not-so-helpful behavior?

>From the netflix exhibitor page:
"*Each Exhibitor instance monitors the ZooKeeper server running on the same
server. If ZooKeeper is not running (due to crash, etc.), Exhibitor will
rewrite the zoo.cfg file and restart it*."

--
http://about.me/BrianTarbox

Re: Exhibitor rewrote my zoo.cfg with bad configuration

Posted by Brian Tarbox <br...@gmail.com>.
We use it for data browsing.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Posted by Brian Tarbox <br...@gmail.com>.