Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Agrawal, Harshal (GE Digital)" <ha...@ge.com> on 2017/09/18 05:42:00 UTC

Solr- Data search across multiple vores

Hello Folks,

I want to search data in two separate cores. Both cores are unidentical only few fields are common in between.
I don't want to join data . Is it possible to search data from two cores.

I read about distributed search concept but not able to understand that. Is it the only way to search across multiple cores?

Regards
Harshal

Re: Solr- Data search across multiple vores

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Harshal,
You could send your Solr query to both cores but then you could have problems combining the results because the scores are not absolute: they just give a ranking in their own core. It might be ok, if you are searching on fields which are common to both cores.

But I suspect that you would do better to tell us what problem you are trying to solve. And I am almost certain that you should re-index all your data into one core. Cheers -- Rick

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
What fields do you want to search among two separate collections/cores and
provide some details on your use case.

Thnx