Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Bhavna b <co...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/15 17:41:29 UTC

Help on Connection timed out: connect

HI all,
        I am using HtttClient3.1 to talk to a server.
Both the server and Client has two NICs
for example,
server 140.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.1
client  140.0.0.2  and 10.0.0.2

Client accessing server over 140 works fine.
Client accessing server, the same servlet, one 10.0.0.1 but does not work.

I get the below exception when calling throught HttpClient,
I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request:
Connection timed out: connect
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector - Retrying request
it retries for 4 attempts and throws this error after 20-21 seconds, I did
not set any timeout to HttpClient,  I tried doing that, but, I get different
exception,  java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out.

But, from Browser, the same url works (accessing the same servlet on both
140 and 10 works).

Could anybody pleas tell what are the other arameters should I look into,

Thanks,
Bhavna