Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Keyi Liu <kl...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/11 04:48:09 UTC

launch mapreduce job remotely by java program

Hi all,
         we want to launch mapreduce job by our java program in client
machine, the mapreduce job job jar and lib jar is put on hadoop cluster,
currently, we use oozie to launch job and put jar on hdfs . Our mapreduce
job is quite simple and sometimes it is just a small job,however, oozie job
need to be started with oozie launcher which increase execution time for
our mapreduce job , especially for some small jobs, our application require
quick response when execute those small jobs, and we don't need any complex
workflow functionality to schedule the job, so are there any other way we
can do to run a mapreduce job remotely by a java program and jar is
pre-installed on hadoop cluster?

Thanks