Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Quanah Gibson-Mount <qu...@zimbra.com> on 2015/03/09 20:00:32 UTC

crm114 usage

Is anyone using crm114 still these days for scoring with in SpamAssassin?

If so, does it seem to be an additional effective tool in helping to
classify and score spam/ham?

Thanks!

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect

Re: crm114 usage

Posted by Martin Schütte <li...@mschuette.name>.
On 09.03.2015 22:04, Axb wrote:
> There was a SA plugin for SA 3.x
> (http://mschuette.name/wp/crm114-spamassassin-plugin/)
> no idea if thats stufff is still mantained..

Thanks for mentioning my Plugin.
I still provide minimal maintenance, i.e. I run it on my private mailserver to
verify compatibility with new SA versions etc.

But as I no longer work with a public mailserver I am afraid I do not find the
time and insight for any more active development.

--
Martin

Re: crm114 usage

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 09.03.2015 um 22:57 schrieb Quanah Gibson-Mount:
> --On Monday, March 09, 2015 11:04 PM +0100 Axb <ax...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/09/2015 08:00 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>>> Is anyone using crm114 still these days for scoring with in
>>> SpamAssassin?
>>>
>>> If so, does it seem to be an additional effective tool in helping to
>>> classify and score spam/ham?
>>
>> I used to use it with MailScanner about in the late 2000s but but as I
>> couldn't find an efficient way to use it in a farm, I dropped it.
>> Back then it seemed very complicated.
>>
>> There was a SA plugin for SA 3.x
>> (http://mschuette.name/wp/crm114-spamassassin-plugin/)
>>
>> no idea if thats stufff is still mantained..
>
> Ok, thanks.  We suffer endless complaints about too much spam getting
> through SA, so I'm trying to find anything I can do to help improve
> scoring. ;)  I'll be pushing out SA-trunk (3.4.1 beta) fairly soon, with
> the DMARC rules that were posted here.  I'm hoping that helps
> significantly

start with disable bayes autolearning

while i don't use it and train manually i spent the last 3 days cleanup
the hand-selected and re-viewed 15000 samples from the last 6 months
from bayes-poisioning resulting in lower the token count by 20%

Re: crm114 usage

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 03/09/2015 10:57 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Monday, March 09, 2015 11:04 PM +0100 Axb <ax...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/09/2015 08:00 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>>> Is anyone using crm114 still these days for scoring with in
>>> SpamAssassin?
>>>
>>> If so, does it seem to be an additional effective tool in helping to
>>> classify and score spam/ham?
>>
>> I used to use it with MailScanner about in the late 2000s but but as I
>> couldn't find an efficient way to use it in a farm, I dropped it.
>> Back then it seemed very complicated.
>>
>> There was a SA plugin for SA 3.x
>> (http://mschuette.name/wp/crm114-spamassassin-plugin/)
>>
>> no idea if thats stufff is still mantained..
>
> Ok, thanks.  We suffer endless complaints about too much spam getting
> through SA, so I'm trying to find anything I can do to help improve
> scoring. ;)  I'll be pushing out SA-trunk (3.4.1 beta) fairly soon, with
> the DMARC rules that were posted here.  I'm hoping that helps
> significantly.

depending on what kind of spam you hope to catch with it...it may.
there's ton of extra sauce which can be added to SA to improve spam
detection but as so often, at a cost of either/or manpower, cash and
creativity so it depends a lot on what you need to detect.

we may need to move offlist..

Re: crm114 usage

Posted by Quanah Gibson-Mount <qu...@zimbra.com>.

Re: crm114 usage

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 03/09/2015 08:00 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> Is anyone using crm114 still these days for scoring with in SpamAssassin?
>
> If so, does it seem to be an additional effective tool in helping to
> classify and score spam/ham?

I used to use it with MailScanner about in the late 2000s but but as I
couldn't find an efficient way to use it in a farm, I dropped it.
Back then it seemed very complicated.

There was a SA plugin for SA 3.x
(http://mschuette.name/wp/crm114-spamassassin-plugin/)

no idea if thats stufff is still mantained..

Axb