Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2013/12/06 21:26:08 UTC

[beanutils] Site generation

Hi all,

while preparing the site for the next [beanutils] release, some
questions popped up. I think, I better ask before messing it up ;-)

- The [beanutils] site stores older versions for Javadocs and release
notes. AFAIK, the pom needs a specific configuration of the
maven-scm-publish-plugin to prevent that this data is deleted on
redeplyoment. Indeed, the pom contains such a configuration, but it is
under <pluginManagement> instead of <plugins>. Is this intended?

- In order to add data for a new version to this area, do I have to
check the site out, add the directories manually, and then commit?

- The content of the release-notes folder is, well, strange. It contains
only entries for versions prior to 1.8.0; the 1.8.x release notes are
linked under the javadocs directory. For the older versions, the content
is different. Some contain the whole Javadoc (again), I even found a
beanutils.jar (for version 1.6.1). Should this directory be removed
completely?

TIA
Oliver

Re: [beanutils] Site generation

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Oliver Heger
<ol...@oliver-heger.de>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> while preparing the site for the next [beanutils] release, some
> questions popped up. I think, I better ask before messing it up ;-)
>
> - The [beanutils] site stores older versions for Javadocs and release
> notes. AFAIK, the pom needs a specific configuration of the
> maven-scm-publish-plugin to prevent that this data is deleted on
> redeplyoment. Indeed, the pom contains such a configuration, but it is
> under <pluginManagement> instead of <plugins>. Is this intended?
>
> - In order to add data for a new version to this area, do I have to
> check the site out, add the directories manually, and then commit?
>
> - The content of the release-notes folder is, well, strange. It contains
> only entries for versions prior to 1.8.0; the 1.8.x release notes are
> linked under the javadocs directory. For the older versions, the content
> is different. Some contain the whole Javadoc (again), I even found a
> beanutils.jar (for version 1.6.1). Should this directory be removed
> completely?

For the release notes file, my preference is for an aggregate file that
contains notes for all releases. For users that are updating from much
older versions, they can see what each new release changes all the way up
to the current version.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/