Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeff Vannest <Je...@jandrconsult.com> on 2007/01/26 15:42:49 UTC

Error: Content is not allowed in prolog

I've embedded FOP 0.93 successfully am able to process XML+XSLFO=PDF.
However, when I try embed fonts I get this error message:

Caught exception: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

This only occurs when I place the following into my userconfig.xml file:

The arial.xml file was created using the following command line:

java -cp
build\fop.jar;lib\avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar;lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;l
ib\commons-io-1.1.jar org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader ARIAL.TTF
arial.xml

The resulting arial.xml file starts with <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?> with no preceding characters, and is followed with a line
break and the font-metrics tag as the root.

If I comment out the font metrics for the font everything works correctly
again.

Does anyone know why I'm getting the "Content is not allowed in prolog"
error?

TIA,
Jeff

RE: Error: Content is not allowed in prolog

Posted by Jeff Vannest <Je...@jandrconsult.com>.
Oh, man, chagrin. Thank you very much, Jeremias!

Jeff

On 26.01.2007 15:42:49 Jeff Vannest wrote:
> I've embedded FOP 0.93 successfully am able to process XML+XSLFO=PDF.
> However, when I try embed fonts I get this error message:
>
> Caught exception: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
>
> This only occurs when I place the following into my userconfig.xml file:

Should be:

Re: Error: Content is not allowed in prolog

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 26.01.2007 15:42:49 Jeff Vannest wrote:
> I've embedded FOP 0.93 successfully am able to process XML+XSLFO=PDF.
> However, when I try embed fonts I get this error message:
>
> Caught exception: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
>
> This only occurs when I place the following into my userconfig.xml file:

Should be:

> The arial.xml file was created using the following command line:
>
> java -cp
> build\fop.jar;lib\avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar;lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;l
> ib\commons-io-1.1.jar org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader ARIAL.TTF
> arial.xml
>
> The resulting arial.xml file starts with <?xml version="1.0"
> encoding="UTF-8"?> with no preceding characters, and is followed with a line
> break and the font-metrics tag as the root.
>
> If I comment out the font metrics for the font everything works correctly
> again.
>
> Does anyone know why I'm getting the "Content is not allowed in prolog"
> error?
>
> TIA,
> Jeff

Jeremias Maerki