Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by K B <kb...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/18 22:52:40 UTC

JDBC Data Set Config

Is there a JDBC equivalent for the "CSV Data Set Config" element in JMeter?
Instead of load testing JDBC, I would like to use the data from a JDBC connection as ${variables}/input for testing other samplers...
[e.g. XML service: "checkSkuStock", where the SKU would come from the DB]
The data changes on a regular basis and I would rather not export it to CSV, in fear that it would soon be obsolete.
I have used the JDBC connection pool and JDBC Request to download the data to a local file, but this doesn't seem to be as efficient.
Thanks in advance!

Re: JDBC Data Set Config

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18/04/2008, K B <kb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a JDBC equivalent for the "CSV Data Set Config" element in JMeter?

No. But you can add an enhancement request to Bugzilla.

>  Instead of load testing JDBC, I would like to use the data from a JDBC connection as ${variables}/input for testing other samplers...
>  [e.g. XML service: "checkSkuStock", where the SKU would come from the DB]
>  The data changes on a regular basis and I would rather not export it to CSV, in fear that it would soon be obsolete.

Why not set up  a script to download the data just before the test run?

>  I have used the JDBC connection pool and JDBC Request to download the data to a local file, but this doesn't seem to be as efficient.

The only other option is to download the data using JDBC, and then
extract it using the RE Post-Processor, but that quickly gets very
complicated if there is a lot of information.