Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by si...@gmail.com on 2012/02/13 05:46:07 UTC

QPID on registering events

Hi anyone,

Can anyone tell me , is  there any function or group of functions exists in
QPID for registering the call back functions when an events occurs in a
system.
How  to register for event callbacks. Something of this sought..., for eg.,

       ipc_notify_event(<ipc_used>, < event fundtion to call when that
particular vent occurs>, ..,)

Is there any function in QPID which will help us to handle events.
Please, this is so important funda to be known.

Regards,
Siunduja.R

Re: QPID on registering events

Posted by si...@gmail.com.
Hi,

Can someone give me an idea how to register a call back function in QPID.
The void
Connection::registerFailureCallback ( boost::function<void ()> fn ) in
qpid/client/Connection.h

expects a function of boost type.
 The question is how to pass a user define function pointer to the above
callback function registerFailureCallback().
say, ClientFailoverCallBack() is a user defined fn which handles failure
routine..
how to register this user define fn in registerFailureCallBack().

Regards,
Sinduja.R

Posted by Andy Goldstein <ag...@redhat.com>.
You can find a list at https://github.com/apache/qpid/blob/trunk/qpid/specs/management-schema.xml - search for <event.

Andy

Posted by Chenxiong Qi <cq...@redhat.com>.

> Thanks for the reply.Can you tell me what are the various  QMF
> events?

This might be what you want.
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.14/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/ch02s03.html#QMFPythonConsoleTutorial-AsynchronousConsoleOperations

Posted by Andy Goldstein <ag...@redhat.com>.