Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Viplav Kallepu <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/16 21:04:57 UTC

datagrid doubt

Hi ,

 i wish to implement datagrid in struts ...query's, validations, type of
boxes and other things will be in XML file ...I have to parse it and know
the query and depending on the query i have to get the fields. I have to
give an edit option for the fields.

At present what I am doing is I am putting all the values in the arraylist
and keeping that arraylist in Map this map I am keeping in session and
changing the values in session after user edits and after he clicks save I
am commiting to database. I feel the  implementation is not generic. Can you
please give me a better way to implement datagrid. I am not using struts
layout.  Struts 1.3.8 is the version.

thanks and regards
Viplav Kallepu