Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> on 2012/11/07 20:26:54 UTC

make sure you SVN client has eol-style configured correctly

Committers,

Please make sure you have your SVN client configured correctly so when you add new files the eol settings are correct [1] [2].  Most files should have native line endings not as-is line endings.

This will help ensure a diff of the source tree on Windows will match the sources in the zip kit and a diff of the source tree on OSX will match the sources in the tar.gz kit.

Carol

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn
[2]  http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt

Re: make sure you SVN client has eol-style configured correctly

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 11/7/12 12 :58PM, "Om" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks Carol.  The settings file at [1] has entries for .as, .mxml, .swc
>files, but does not include entries for .fxg, .swf and .fla.  Would be
>safe
>to add these as well, since our project involves such files?

Yes, you can add those to your local file.

I got the main flex extensions added to the master Apache config file when
we first started this project.  I suppose I could ask for the others to be
added as well, or we can just post our version of the file somewhere on
our site and use that.

Note that these settings only apply when a file is added.  If you try to
add a new file and you get a "mixed line endings" error it means svn can't
deduce the line ending because there is more than one type in the file.
Change all the line endings to be either windows or mac endings and re-add
the file.

Carol

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.
We still have files being added to the repository with incorrect eol-style
settings so please make sure you configure your svn client correctly.

Carol

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/flex/source.html