Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/24 09:47:29 UTC

Build tez UI failed.

Hi,
I try to build tez-0.6.0, but cannot build Tez UI.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm
(install node and npm) on project tez-ui:

Execution install node and npm of goal
com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm
failed: A required class was missing while executing
com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm:
org/slf4j/helpers/MarkerIgnoringBase

what casued this failure? Thanks.

Re: Build tez UI failed.

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
I meet the same issue today. It looks like an issue of maven 3.3.1, after I switch to maven 3.2.5, the build succeeded.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/201503.mbox/%3C7050C8E8-90F6-47B4-B3DC-FD10CB9E4002@takari.io%3E

> > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm (install node and npm) on project tez-ui:
> >
> > Execution install node and npm of goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm failed: A required class was missing while executing com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install-node-and-npm: org/slf4j/helpers/MarkerIgnoringBase

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

From: Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 2:21 PM
To: "user@tez.apache.org<ma...@tez.apache.org>" <us...@tez.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Build tez UI failed.

Hi Hitesh,

I filed two JIRAs:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-2228  for download.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-2229  for bower.

Thanks.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>> wrote:
Could you file 2 jiras for the issues that you have raised i.e. one for the download issue and the other for the bower sudo with maven debug logs? Also, please add more details to the jira with respect to your environment for the sudo issue i.e what os, whether you have node/npm installed locally by root on the machine, etc?

The tez-ui pulls in bower to "<tez-source>/tez-ui/src/main/webapp/node_modules/bower/bin/bower" . Do you have bower showing up from some other location in your path when building the tez-ui? I am just guessing at this point - hopefully other folks who have more experience with the tez-ui related tools can chime in.

thanks
- Hitesh

Re: Build tez UI failed.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.