Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Satya Nand <sa...@indiamart.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/30 14:08:47 UTC

Forcing solr to run query on replica Nodes

Hi,

Currently, we have 8+1 solr nodes cluster. Where 1 Indexing node contains
all(8) NRT Primary shards. This is where all indexing happens. Then We have
another 8 nodes consisting of one pull replica of each primary shard.

For querying, we have used *shard.preference as PULL *so that all queries
are returned from pull replicas.

How can I force solr to use only pull replicas? in case one of the pull
replicas is not available then I want partial results to be returned from 7
replicas but never want to query on NRT replicas.

Re: Forcing solr to run query on replica Nodes

Posted by Satya Nand <sa...@indiamart.com.INVALID>.
.

Posted by Satya Nand <sa...@indiamart.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, Shawn.

I will try to create another post covering as many details as possible,
then somebody from this mailing list can help me in reviewing my
architecture,

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org.INVALID>.

Posted by Satya Nand <sa...@indiamart.com.INVALID>.
Thank you Shawn.