Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Alberto Massari <al...@exln.com> on 2002/06/20 18:43:38 UTC

Re: Tinny, Alby: Follow up Question: Xerces-C .NET Project Files

Hi Bob,

At 06.37 20/06/2002 -0700, Robert Buck wrote:
>[...]
>Actually I just thought of a better question. Why is does the xml4com
>build directory even exist? Shouldn't the build artifacts for the COM
>stuff also go in the "build\win32\vc[6|7]\[debug|release]" directories? Is
>there a reason for this?
>
>Alberto, if you are listening into this conversation too, what are your
>thoughts too?

IMO, the output of xml4com should go in the same [debug|release] directory
used by the same compiler (I guess xml4com needs to dynamically load the
Xerces DLL, and it's easier to have it in the same directory instead of
changing the PATH env variable).
But I never used nor compiled xml4com, so my opinion is not really an
informed one...

Alberto