Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by en...@mail.ru.INVALID on 2018/03/24 23:32:29 UTC

[vcs] finish with GIT on JDK 8

Hello.

I have finished testing GIT module.

I have used NetBeans build 376.

For sftp and http part I have used Ubuntu in Virtual Box VM. For other tests I have used GitHub.

I have such comments and questions:

1.	I have used JDK 8 for testing. Should I repeat testing with JDK 10 ?
2.	After finish of testing I have found files “*.original~”. These files are not showing by NetBeans. But git status command shows these files as ready for add. I do not know when they were created and is it bug or not. Should I start research when (on what Test Case) they were created?
3.	Part “ <http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/suite/2207> 5. Shelve Changes ” was very changed in NetBeans. But feature from Test Case works right. I can try to rewrite Test Case but I will ask help. I did not write Test Cases before (especially in English 😊 )
4.	Search History works right as it has been described in Test Cases. But there is such issue. In editor page for current editing file there are “Source” and “History” buttons.  If I click to “History” button of current editing file I see history. But in history table I can see only “local” changes. I do not see any Git changes even if I select “Git” filter. Through “Team”-“Show History” I can see history. There is not such “Test Case” in [VCS] Git and I did not create bug in JIRA for this.

There is such bug that I can repeat locally on Windows 10 with JDK 8. With JDK 10 there is not this bug.

1.	Open any java file with Git History.
2.	Open Git history for this file through “Team”-“Show History”. Do not close it.
3.	Select for editing java file
4.	Select “Show History” again.
5.	Switch to any program that uses all screen. NetBeans should be hidden but was not collapsed to task bar.
6.	Switch to NetBeans again and select java file and again “Show History”
7.	Repeat 5 and 6 points.

As result I have exception “java.awt.IllegalComponentStateException: component must be showing on the screen to determine its location”. I do not know is it known bug or not. I can not find existing JIRA ticket for this.

NetBeans can be used after this without any problem. So problem is only such exception panel that user should close.

P. S. I can help with something else. As I see there is Mercurial install package for Windows. So I can help with Mercurial also. Or I can help with something else. With Swing/GUI and Profiler I did not work few years … but I ready for refresh my mind if you need it 😊

Vladimir Orlyansky.

Re: [vcs] finish with GIT on JDK 8

Posted by David Heffelfinger <dh...@gmail.com>.
Excellent, thanks again for all your help.

David

Posted by en...@mail.ru.INVALID.

 <http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/run/28/v/2> http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/run/28/v/2.

My Books:  <https://www.packtpub.com/books/info/authors/david-r-heffelfinger> https://www.packtpub.com/books/info/authors/david-r-heffelfinger