Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com> on 2005/02/02 22:18:31 UTC

JavaHL Enhancements for 1.2

I would like to see the following enhancements/additions made to JavaHL
for the 1.2 release.  We could use these to make Subclipse better.

*  Add support for dry-run parameter in merge.  Currently, it just
hard-codes it to false and does not expose the option to the Java code.

*  Add support for new svn log feature in 1.2 to retrieve a specific
number of messages.

*  Of course add support for the locking features.

*  I am not sure what support exists or does not exist for all of the peg
revision syntax.  One feature that kills us in Subclipse (and is improved
in 1.2) is that svn cat on a URL does not follow history.  Ideally, when
we run the JavaHL equivalent of this command:

svn cat -r123 url://repos/proj/file.txt

It would become the equivalent to this:

svn cat -r123@HEAD url://repos/proj/file.txt

We need to use cat a lot to retrieve old revisions and feed them to the
Eclipse compare/merge engine among other things.

Thanks

Mark

Re: JavaHL Enhancements for 1.2

Posted by Patrick Mayweg <ma...@qint.de>.
Hi Mark,
I am working on exposing almost all options to javahl and add locking to
javahl.
Patrick