Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bryce Kahle <bw...@binary.net> on 2005/05/23 18:54:53 UTC

spamc/spamd setup not adding headers

I am evaluating version 3.02 of spamassassin and I'm running into some
problems. I am using a spamc/spamd setup via procmail for each opt-in
user with a .procmailrc in the user's home directory. My problem is that
spamc/spamd doesn't seem to be adding the X-Spam-Status or any of the
other headers that it should be adding, it just adds the following:

I can run the same message through the normal spamassassin program and
it will add the correct headers and everything. Below are the
configuration files:

.procmailrc:
:0fw
| /usr/local/bin/spamc

.forward:
"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #bwkahle"

local.cf:
rewrite_header Subject *****SPAM*****
required_score 10
report_safe 0
skip_rbl_checks 1
razor_config /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor/razor-agent.conf

spamd options:
-c -d -r /var/run/spamd.pid -C /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/

Platform: FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE, perl-5.8.6_2, postfix-2.2.1,1 , installed
spamassassin from ports. Invoking spamd as root.

Any ideas?

Bryce Kahle <bw...@binary.net>
Systems Administrator - Binary Net
1-402-742-7042 http://www.binary.net/

Re: spamc/spamd setup not adding headers

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Bryce Kahle wrote:

> spamd options:
> -c -d -r /var/run/spamd.pid -C /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/

I think you want --siteconfigpath not -C above... -C should be
/usr/share/spamassassin or /usr/local/share/spamassassin.

Since you've managed to eliminate all the default rulefiles from being used, you
won't have any report template, which normaly lives in 10_misc.cf.