Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Vladi Feigin <vl...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/21 10:17:24 UTC

Working with multiple streams

Hi,

I have some doubts about of working with the multiple streams in a single
topology.
According to the Storm documentation the spout have to :
1. in the emit method send the stream id
2. in the spout's declareOutputFields method call declareStream method with
the stream ID

But should I define the stream IDs during topology build (TopologyBuilder)
, as well ? Or doing 1 and 2 it's enough? Is possible define multiple
streams in TopologyBuilder?
Will appreciate if you can send me the examples / docs regarding this topic
Thank you in advance,
Vlad