Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/28 19:40:08 UTC

Apache Cordova (Android) and Maven

Hi All,

Are there any issues (or attempts) at using cordova with maven?

John

Re: Apache Cordova (Android) and Maven

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Is the expectation that certain classes end up in the apk? Does the JAR end
up in the APK?
It may just be easy enough to handle it via the maven shade plugin (merge
classes from one jar to another).

Posted by Patrick Mueller <pm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Hmm, well in the case of android (and blackberry) we ship a jar and a
js file which should be easy enough to inc in your proj. The js file
lives in /assets/www and the jar can be anywhere you have setup for a
build path (by convention this is /libs which ant can find but for
some reason eclipse cannot).

There used to be an issue in our tracker for adding Maven support but
I don't think its ever been made a priority.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Brian,

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Patrick Mueller <pm...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 13:40, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any issues (or attempts) at using cordova with maven?

Though I have a bit of a distaste for Maven, I know a lot of people use it
productively.

I think this could be queued up as a 2.x issue: "can we support Maven
artifacts for cordova 2.x (base and plugins)" (ie, open a bug).  It likely
would make sense for folks who have already accepted Maven into their
lives.  And maybe there's not much we really need to do.  And it seems like
a lot of Apache projects, at least in the past, have published their bits
on various standard Maven repos.

I'll be watching from the sidelines. :-)

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org