Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Maarten Liebregts <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2015/01/22 12:45:52 UTC

question about Asian Phonetic Guide

Dear OpenOffice,

I have a small problem with the Azian Phonetic Guide. I can’t seem so select it anymore.
I have a new computer and installed OpenOffice 4.0.1.
On my old computer it worked perfectly.

Thanks so much for your help!

Best regards,

Maarten

Re: question about Asian Phonetic Guide

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 22/01/2015 Maarten Liebregts wrote:
> I have a small problem with the Azian Phonetic Guide. I can’t seem so
> select it anymore.
> I have a new computer and installed OpenOffice 4.0.1.
> On my old computer it worked perfectly.

Have you enabled support for complex text layout? It's in Tools -
Options (or the Preferences menu, as you appear to be using a Mac).
There's an option to show menu items that are specific to Asian
languages (in theory they would be hidden and not grayed out as in your
screenshot, but I don't know what this looks like on a Mac).

Regards,
   Andrea.