Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by mike alterman <mi...@ieee.org> on 2019/11/11 19:37:40 UTC

macro start key

Some years ago, I created a spreadsheet with a macro and assigned a
start key (alt-m) and it worked as expected.

Earlier this year, I built a new system with windows 10 (64 bit) and
installed OO 4.1.5 I went to run the macro by pressing alt-m - all I got
was a tone - didn't execute.

I submitted an item to the Forum and received responses that indicated
the key assignment was missing - that is what I found. Once the
assignment was made the macro ran as expected.

A suggestion; The key assignment(s) should be with the file / macro so a
user could easily use the file / macro on another machine without having
to modify the setting(s) of the program.

Note; I created this file many years ago to aid in tracking a health
issue - don't remember having a problem with switching from windows 2000
to windows xp.

Since I am not a programmer, I would appreciate knowing if this possible
and a possible time frame to evaluate this suggestion along with next
step(s).

Sincerely,

Mike Alterman

Fwd: Re: macro start key

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
I don't know if you have subscribed the list, so here is a copy.

Best regards,
Pedro

Can you please report this at Bugzilla with more details?
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/

This is the Dev mailing list, so not the proper place for reporting this.

Briefly answering your question: if this is a regression (and seems to be a simple issue) it would probably be fixed for the next version. However since this is a volunteer only project it is not possible to predict a time frame (but hopefully within a year?).

Best regards,
Pedro

Re: macro start key

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.